- The form and costs are for the Camp K9 Event only. It is each participant’s responsibility to organise their own accommodation either at Riverwood Downs or elsewhere of their choice. Camp K9 cannot be held responsible for any participant’s accommodation.
- Camp K9 is filled on a first come, first served basis. We have a limited number of positions available and your position in the camp will not be confirmed until full payment has been received along with the online registration form.
- We accept internet bank transfer, Paypal or cheque (made out to Camp K9).
- Should you need to cancel we will refund your Camp K9 fee less a $50 admin fee no later than 30 days prior to the camp. Cancellation after this will incur payment of the full rate. You can transfer your participation fee to another person, however we will need this information in writing (email is fine) and there will be a transfer fee of $35 to complete this.
- The owner is required to provide an appropriate collar (or harness) and leash (NB: no check chains permitted).
- If the dog is required by local council to be muzzled when in public, the owner must provide a muzzle and the dog must wear it at all times.
- Dogs are required to have an ID tag on whilst in a training class.
- Dogs should preferably be registered with their local councils.
- All dogs must be on leash during all training sessions unless at the request and under the supervision of a Camp K9 official or instructor.
- To minimise distractions please ensure that you have toileted your dog prior to attending each training session. If your dog eliminates anywhere on the property during Camp K9, please ensure that you pick up after your dog IMMEDIATELY. Owners are responsible for picking up their own dog’s waste.
- All instructions given to you by a Camp K9 official or instructor must be adhered to.
- No physical or verbal abuse of your dog will be tolerated at the camp.
- It is an OH&S requirement that flat, closed in shoes must be worn at all times in training sessions.
- Bitches in season cannot take part in Camp K9.
- Current vaccination or appropriate titre certificate to be produced on or before the first day of the event.
- All dogs must have current worm and flea treatment prior to commencement of classes. And tick prevention is also strongly recommended.
- Any dog that is sick or injured cannot join training sessions unless written advice is provided by a qualified vet indicating that it is safe for the dog to participate.
- Any dog under the age of 12 months cannot participate in active sports like agility.
- All handlers must be over 18 years old.
- In case of bad weather we have a contingency plan in place. As local weather is unpredictable we advise that wet weather gear be packed.
- Camp K9 or any official or instructor with Camp K9 can prohibit any dog from participating in training sessions for reasons relating to health and safety at their own discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, any dog displaying aggression.
- Due care and caution are exercised through-out this event for you and your dog. However, Camp K9 and affiliated partners are not liable for any injury or damage that the dog, yourself or family and friends who may accompany you, may suffer or incur.
- Whilst all care is taken during this Camp K9 event, if any dog or any person damages any property, Camp K9 and affiliated partners are not responsible for any costs arising out of such damage. Responsibility lies with the owner of the dog causing the damage or the person responsible causing the damage.